CHECK YOUR COUNTRY'S PHOTO SPECIFICATIONS
Every country has its own passport specifications and regulations. At Snappy Snaps we offer you a comprehensive guide for all of these different requirements. We have over 30 years passport experience and are specialists in this area.
UK Digital Passport photo requirements
You must make sure photos for your passport, driving licence or visa meet all the rules - your application might be delayed if you don't. Check your application form to see how many photos you need to provide. Snappy Snaps high-street photo shops can take digital passport photos.
Your photos must be professionally printed and 45mm (millimetres) high by 35mm (millimetres) wide. Make sure you get the right size.
You can't use photos that have been cut down from larger pictures.
Tips to help you
Images courtesy www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports
Your photos must be...
- In colour on plain white photographic paper
- Taken against a plain cream or light grey background identical
- Taken within the last month
- Clear and in focus
- Without any tears or creases
- Unmarked on both sides (unless a photo needs to be countersigned)
- Unaltered by computer software
- The image of you
- Your photos must show a close-up of your full head and shoulders. It must be only of you with no other objects or people.
- The image of you - from the crown of your head to your chin - must be between 29mm and 34mm high.
- How your head should appear in passport photos
Your photos may be rejected unless they show you:
- Facing forward and looking straight at the camera
- With a neutral expression and your mouth closed
- Without anything covering the face
- In clear contrast to the background
- Without a head covering (unless it's worn for religious or medical reasons)
- With eyes open, visible and free from reflection or glare from glasses
- With your eyes not covered by sunglasses, tinted glasses, glasses frames or hair
- Without any ‘red eye’
VISA PHOTOS FOR ANY COUNTRY
You must make sure photos for your passport, driving licence or visa meet all the rules - your application might be delayed if you don’t. Check your application form to see how many photos you need to provide.
ASK THE SPECIALISTS
We have been printing photos for passports, IDs, visas, Identity cards for over 30 years for most countries in the world. We have the knowledge and experience on getting your photos correct the first time.
Passport and ID Photos
While you wait
With the constant changes in the rules and regulations regarding passport photos, you need a flexible and reliable photo printing service which can adapt to the changes as and when they occur.
As passport photo and ID photo specialists, Snappy Snaps promises to retake your photo for free if your passport and ID photos are ever rejected for not meeting visa requirements*.
Unlike some of our competitors, we do all types of passport photos; we do baby passport photos, passport photos for toddlers as well as passport photos and ID photos to meet the specification of any embassy in the world.
If you need a visa photo, photo for a green card and ID photo using different colour backgrounds for international travel, Snappy Snaps can provide all of them while you wait!
Our passport and ID photos can also be used for driving licences, identity cards, oyster cards and student cards.
Why have your passport & ID photos printed at Snappy Snaps?
- We are passport photos and ID photos specialists
- We provide a while-you-wait service
- We offer a personalised service
- We understand the specification needs for all embassies
- You preview your image before we print to ensure you are happy
Snappy Snaps can take passport photos for ANY country in the world including US, India, Australia and the rest of Europe.
There are many do-it-yourself places that provide passport photo services but isn't it safer to have your passport photo taken by a person who is trained and can advise you on what the regulations are for each country? There's nothing more frustrating than a passport photo being rejected by an embassy so be sure to come into a Snappy Snaps store where we will advise you on the most up to date passport photo dimensions regulation.
If you are looking to renew your passport with an up to date photo or need a new ID photo for work, you are in luck with Snappy Snaps. We give you the chance to review your passport photo to make sure you are happy with it before it is printed. If you're not happy, we'll take another one for you.
At Snappy Snaps, our passport photographers know how hard it can be at times to get a baby or young child to stay still long enough to get their passport photo taken. Our passport photographers are patient and are on hand to offer advice and support so the situation is stress-free.
Get your passport photos and identity photos taken correctly at your local Snappy Snaps store and you will never have problems with visa photo regulations.